My readers all loved these books when they were starting out! And what a great price – just $1.73/book if you qualify for free shipping!
People Magazine is offering a free download of Country Christmas Music. Here’s what’s on the playlist:
* Brad Paisley – Away in a Manger
* Rascal Flatts – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
* Joe Nichols – O Holy Night
* Point of Grace -Little Drummer Boy
* Rodney Carrington – Camouflage and Christmas Lights
* Steve Wariner – Deck the Halls
* Indigo Girls – Your Holiday Song
* Dailey & Vincent – Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
Go here to get started. The code you need to get it free is given on the page!
I saw this on MashupMom, who read about it on CW (thanks, karen6957!). If you go on over here and skip the intro, you’ll be able to print a coupon for $1/1 ANY Scott Bath Tissue or Paper Towels. The singles are usually priced at 0.99 at Jewel, and likely other stores, too. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled, and don’t forget to hit the back button 3x so you can print two!
Went to Jewel and Meijer this morning for some stock-up shopping. I used all the coupons I had for the Grande Tortilla chips, because $1/bag for gluten-free tortilla chips is a great price and my little GF guy has taken to having nachos for lunch. These will be gone lickety-split! Here’s what I bought:
8 Bags Grande Tortilla Chips, $16.00. Used eight $1/1 from the 9/26 SS.
10 boxes Green Giant Veggies, $4.90 with instant $5 savings. Used one $1/2 from the $60 Dominick’s booklet and two .60/3 from SmartSource.
Total was $11.17 and I paid with $10 in Wags RR’s and $1.17 in cash. Total savings was $42.70.
Four 12-pks of Pepsi, $7.96. No coupons, but DH runs off this stuff.
17.8 lb Tom Turkey, $20.99 – $16.00 instant savings. That’s .28/lb!
Four Jell-O, $2.00. Used $1/4 from the $60 Dominick’s booklet.
Two Hellman’s Mayo, $2.98. Used two .75/1 printables and $1.50/2 MM.
Three Ziploc Containers, $5.19. Used $1/1 from the $60 Dominick’s Booklet and $1.50/2 from the 11/14 SS.
Two Ziploc Freezer Bags, $3.90. Used $1/2 from the 11/14 SS.
Two Bestlife Spreads, $1.98. Used two $1/1 printables.
10 Keebler Crackers, $20.00. Used five $1/2 from the 11/14 RP and five $1/2 MM. Will send in for the get $10 wyb 10 Kellogg’s items for FREE crackers. I don’t have the form yet, but a very kind-hearted friend is sending it to me!
2 Lipton Tea, $4.40. Used two .60/1 from the 11/14 RP and $1.20/2 MM.
Bunch o’ bananas, $1.62.
Total was $37.52 and I got back $3.25 in cats for the Ziploc for a net cost of $34.27. I actually broke this up into two separate transactions so I could use some of my Meijer store coupons, but I accidentally gave the cashier two of the $3.00 store coupons the first time around and she used them both, no problem. I also used ALL the $1.50 mfg cats I received for the coffee deal a few days ago, no problem. Total savings $95.45!
Daily final: Net cost $35.44 (figuring I’ll get $10 back from Kellogg’s) with a whopping savings of $138.15. And because I’m rolling cats, my OOP was just $11.19.
Since some of you might think I’m crazy for running to different stores to save a little bit, let’s do some math. It took me about 2 hrs this morning to figure out my shopping trip, cut my coupons, and do all the shopping. It will probably take you less time since most of you don’t have an active 2-yr old to contend with! Two hours of time, $138.15 saved, that’s about $70/hour. I never made that much when I was working as an engineer!
The Chicago deal over at Groupon is a $50 credit over at American Apparel for just $25. In-store only, but there’s a retail store at Woodfield Mall!
Some exclusions: Expires Feb 19, 2011. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. $50 minimum purchase. Not valid on Multi-Packs, California Select Vintage, Multibrand products, or shoes. Not valid at outlet locations. Not valid with other offers or sale items.
I read about some more deals at Meijer over at MashupMom. Her readers are really on-it! Here are some more great deals and match-ups. I’ll add them to the weekly deals, but I wanted to highlight them here in case any of you were heading to Meijer today!
- For the Ziploc deal, there are also $1/2 bags and $1/1 containers coupons in the $60 Dominick’s booklet, if you have one!
- From her reader Michelle: There are also $1/4 Jell-O coupons in the $60 Dominick’s booklets, making them 0.25 each after coupon. And BOGO tearpads have been spotted at Jewel.
- From her reader Jane: The $1.50 catalina appears to also be working on the Starbucks coffee!
- From her reader Kitty: The Kellogg’s flyer with the rebate booklet has a save $2 on cheese wyb 2 Townhouse Flatbread Crisps Crackers coupon, a save $2 on 2-2L soda wyb 2 Cheez-It Baked coupon, and a save $2 on soup/chili wyb 2 Keebler Club Minis coupon. These might all be included in the 2/$4 pricing, which could go toward your get $10 wyb 10 items rebate!
- From her reader Matt: The 30 oz. Hellman’s mayo] is $1.49, limit 2. Mealbox has a $1.50 off 2 coupon currently and Hellmann’s offers a $.75 Bricks printable on its website (print 2). So 2 free Mayos after coupons. Also $.50/1 in the 11/14 SS.
- (On the mix match buy 10 Save $5 sale) — Green Giant frozen boxed veggies, $.50. <– this is a stock up price in itself! Note “select varieties” and check tags; usually a few, like asparagus, aren’t included. There’s $1.00/2 in the Dominick’s $60 booklet, so free veggies if you found that one, and also $.50/1 Green Giant veggies here for more free veggies. (This one hasn’t reset from the last GM deal, so if you used then you can’t print again.) Otherwise, use $.60/3 from the 10/3 GM or print on SmartSource.com and you have yourself $.30 veggies.
- Thurs-Sat only: Butternut bread, $.99 limit 4. Use $.35/1 in the 10/3 SS.
- Grande tortilla chips, dip, or salsa 2/$4.00. Use $1.00/1 in the 9/26 SS. Load your $1.50 college savings back on Upromise!
- On the buy 10 save $5.00 mix/match deal, Ragu, $.99. There’s $1.00/2 in the Dominick’s $60 coupon booklet, so $.49 each after coupon. Also buy 2, get free pasta in the 11/14 RP. Which is handy, because also…
- On the buy 10 save $5.00 mix/match deal, Barilla pasta, $.79. This is unlikely to include the “plus,” sorry! So you can use both coupons here and get two Ragu sauce + Barilla pasta for $.98, plus get 3 of the 10 items needed for the instant discount
- Broccoli crowns or cauliflower, $.58/lb.
- Sweet potatoes, $.28/lb.
Go on over here to download your own copy of the Martha Stewart Thanksgiving Hotline Recipes Cookbook. Contents include:
CHAPTER 1 Soups & Starters
CHAPTER 2 Sides& Salads
CHAPTER 3 Turkey& Entrees
CHAPTER 4 Desserts
CHAPTER 5 Wine, Liquor, Entertaining
I added this to the deals in the Meijer deals, but I wanted to pull this one out since it’s such a great deal. This starts Thursday (tomorrow) for us in IL.
Meijer is having a 30% off ALL Ziploc Items sale. There are two separate Ziploc catalina promotions running at this time:
- Get $2 OYNO wyb 3 Ziploc Containers.
- Get $1.25 OYNO wyb 2 Ziploc Freezer Bags.
There are coupons in the 11/14 SS for $1/2 Bags, $1.50/2 Containers, and $1/1 Zip’n Steam Bags. There are also coupons in the 10/10 SS for .40/1 Ziploc Bags, $1/2 containers, .55/1 containers, and $1.50/2 containers. And you can print $1.50/2 Containers here.
- Buy 3 Containers for $5.19. Use $1.50/2 printable and .55/1. Pay $3.14 and get $2 back for a net cost of .38 each!
- Buy 2 Freezer bags for $3.90. Use $1/2 and pay $2.90. Get $1.25 back for a net cost of .83 each!
Have fun with this one!