I am a mother of five great kids. I work part time as an engineer and enjoy bringing you deals in my spare time. I have always used coupons, but made couponing a part-time job many years ago. Since then, I have saved our family many thousands of dollars. Our family has some unique needs. Our youngest child was diagnosed with a gluten-intolerance when he was just 7 months old. Since I was still nursing him, I gave up on gluten, too. We are both now gluten-free! Three members of our family are also lactose-intolerant.
Here are some facts about me:
- I was born in the city of Chicago but call Santa Rosa, CA, my hometown.
- I had two jobs in high school – at McDonald’s (swing shift manager) and Hewlett Packard (accounts payable).
- I went to college in central Califonia, where I studied electrical engineering.
- After college, I moved to Boston and worked for a big-name University research lab.
- My grandparents were deaf and I am fluent in sign-language.
- I got my Master’s in Electrical Engineering in my 30’s.
- I love to travel and have been in 43 of our 50 states.
- Doctors at New England Medical Center told me I’d never have children.
- I met my wonderful husband in graduate school back in CA, where we were both studying for our PhD’s.
- I got pregnant on our honeymoon (!) and we now have five beautiful children.
- I left the corporate world after the birth of our first child and went back 18 years later. Sometimes I missed it, but there’s nothing more challenging (and rewarding) than being a mom.
- It is great to be working again. I love the technical challenge.
- Our oldest is now in college, also studying electrical engineering!
- Finding bargains and saving money is a hobby I truly enjoy, and bringing them to you is even more fun!
Contact me with any questions, suggestions, or great deals you’ve found at email@example.com